Please note: This post contains affiliate links.
You’ve seen tons of ads shouting at you regarding how easy it is to make money online, to begin your own company, as well as to be your own boss. And while it may not be as quick and also easy as the advertisers promise you, there’s really a great deal of cash to be made with blogging as well as email marketing.
The straightforward answer is: a lot.
The less short answer is: the more eyes you see on your blog, the more of those eyes will move their hands over to your web links and click them. Once they do that, you’ve got them right where you want them.
Breaking Down Some Numbers
Doing a bit more math, let’s say instead that you obtain 100,000 viewers a month across all of the pages on your blog. Let’s state you’re attaining a completely doable 4% click-through rate off of that web traffic. That’s 4,000 clicks to your affiliate links!
Let’s say 2% of those clicks converted and acquired the product, and each sale gets you $100. That’s an extremely doable commission / profit margin. Despite these conservative metrics, you’re leaving with $8,000 monthly with nearly no overhead expenses of your own. WOW!
Play with the numbers as well as see for yourself. If you can gain higher average commissions or profits, then you can make even more by drawing in fewer viewers. Search for affiliate products that have higher payouts. Or, develop an information product of your own, and you can keep the proceeds of the entire sale instead of simply a percent.
The right number for you will depend on your products or services, your capacity to produce valuable content, and your ability to produce an email list to keep those clients coming back.
Just How Do I Monetize my Blog?
Even in a day and age where there is so much mistrust in marketing as well as recognition concerning spam, email marketing can give your sales major boosts in ways that social media marketing as well as AdSense can not (or set you back a lot even more to employ).
Actions to Monetizing Your Blog
- Create a blog as well as choose products and services to offer
- Sign up with affiliate programs marketing the items in your market
- Create valuable, buyer-centric blog posts that place those web links in front of your visitors
- Drive as many pertinent viewers to your blog as you potentially can
There are lots of complimentary materials and also online courses that can assist you to wade in the waters of affiliate blogging. At the end of the day, all you’re doing is producing a web site that makes money referring sales to other peoples’ businesses.
Bear in mind, beneficial as well as buyer-centric blog posts are the ones that will create traffic that clicks on your links. Having a cost-free product to promote via email like an e-newsletter or electronic book is a great means to record email addresses.
Key Parts of Monetizing Your Email Marketing
- Select one of the numerous email marketing automation services like Constant Contact.
- Develop beneficial complimentary content and email your list regularly.
- Use calls-to-action to drive visitors to related content on your blog or directly to your affiliate links.
- Make sure to avoid “spammy” or overly salesy calls to action in your email like “Buy Now” or “Click Here.” Let the post sell the product. The email content needs to compel the visitor to see your website.
- Additionally, make sure to adhere to correct email marketing standards to prevent getting sent to the spam folder.
Utilizing Constant Contact to Automate Your Emails
- FREE 60-day trial for United States as well as Canadian clients, without any credit card required (one of the very best trials you can find for autoresponders).
- Support group will reach out several times during your trial period to address any questions.
- Easy and also effective email production interface loaded with great choices and also features.
- 100+ gorgeous email themes to pick from, consisting of a “Brand Your Email Feature” that permits you to create a tailored email template in seconds based on the pictures and colors of your web site.
- A wide variety of supported email types consisting of autoresponders and basic automations, repeating newsletters, A/B testing, event enrollments, coupons, surveys as well as polls.
- Automation is crucial, so Constant Contact included effective innovation for autoresponders and also abandoned cart automations. They also supply automations based on contact triggers (e.g. email open rates, clicks).
- Thorough analytics for insights where you can track open, click reports, spam, bounce and also unsubscribe rates. You also get click heat maps, and some valuable introduction reports such as open and click trends, open rates by device, and also the top effective subject line. You can likewise contrast campaigns.
- Easy-to-manage subscriber lists, with the capacity to classify for future segmented marketing; you can also import your email lists from various other services.
- Easy list building with lots of cool choices: email sign-up forms for your site, a Facebook application that permits you to let people to join through an email opt-in form, add email addresses from your tablet at in-person events with just a few taps, text-to-join capabilities.
- Spam as well as theme testing will enable you to sneak peek your email on numerous systems as well as find any type of mistakes for you.
Constant Contact – The Cons
- Several functions imply there is a great deal to discover in order to make full use of the system. This is an excellent trouble to have, since you can easily start with simply the basics and also work your way up to even more advanced functions later on.
- Very few industry-specific style layouts. The 100+ mobile-responsive design templates are beautiful, extremely professional and also modern-looking, as well as they would work for a range of markets. So, if you’re trying to find something very particular, this might not be the most effective template collection for you.
How Much Can I Gain From Email Marketing?
You need to pay close attention to which email performs best and which one doesn’t. Analytics functions in your email marketing software program make this a breeze, especially with a straightforward user interface like Constant Contact.
The most effective way to monetize your email marketing is by signing up with high-commission affiliate programs and utilizing your email list to promote those items. Keep in mind, your email itself needs to be a totally free product to attract clients in, supply them something beneficial, as well as provide them evidence to trust you.
Even More Numbers
Let’s say you work really hard and also eventually add 10,000 people to your list (which is definitely attainable). If you create excellent email content that drives 5% of receivers to your blog, after that you’re placing 500 thoroughly targeted as well as inspired purchasers on your blog who may not have otherwise seen your website today.
Efficiently Monetizing Your Email Blasts
The $8,750 example described above is possible if you invest the hard work in. You won’t see those types of returns overnight. Even developing an email list of 10,000 e-mails will take you a good deal of time and effort. That’s why automation is important to your success.
Constant Contact makes managing an email list of this size very easy, even for the non-technical customer that’s still finding out the ropes of generating income online. The one solitary essential part of monetizing a blog with email marketing is providing top notch, ultra-valuable material to a list of well-targeted customers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you), which compensates for my time spent to compile this information. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.