Please note: This post contains affiliate links.
You have probably seen lots of ads shouting at you concerning exactly how easy it is to make money online, to begin your own company, and to be your own boss. And while it may not be as quick and also easy as the marketers promise you, there’s actually a great deal of money to be made with blogging and also email marketing.
The short answer is: a lot.
The much less short answer is: the more eyes you get on your blog, the even more of those eyes will move their mouse over to your web links and also click them. Once they do that, you’ve got them right where you desire them to be.
Breaking Down Some Numbers
Doing a little bit more mathematics, let’s state instead that you obtain 100,000 customers a month across every one of the web pages on your blog. Let’s say you’re accomplishing a reasonable 4% click-through rate off of that website traffic. That’s 4,000 clicks to your affiliate links!
Let’s state 2% of those clicks converted and bought the product, and each sale gets you $100. That’s a really reasonable payment / profit margin. Despite these conservative metrics, you’re earning $8,000 monthly with nearly no overhead expenses of your very own. WOW!
Have fun with the numbers as well as see on your own. If you can gain higher average commissions or earnings, then you can make more by attracting fewer readers. Look for affiliate products that have greater payouts. Or, develop an info product of your very own, and you can keep all the profits of the whole sale as opposed to simply a portion.
The best number for you will certainly depend upon your products or services, your ability to develop valuable content, as well as your capability to create an email list to keep those clients returning.
Exactly How Do I Monetize my Blog?
Even in a day and age where there is a lot of distrust in advertising as well as understanding concerning spam, email marketing can offer your sales significant increases in ways that social media marketing as well as AdSense can’t (or cost a great deal more to use).
Actions to Monetizing Your Blog
- Produce a blog as well as pick products and services to offer
- Sign up with affiliate programs selling the products in your market
- Compose useful, buyer-centric blog posts that put those links before your visitors
- Drive as many relevant customers to your blog as you possibly can
There are lots of complimentary products and online courses that can assist you to wade in the waters of affiliate blogging. But at the end of the day, all you’re doing is producing a website that makes money referring sales to other individuals’ corporations.
Bear in mind, valuable and also buyer-centric blog posts are the ones that will create traffic that clicks your web links. Having a cost-free product to promote by means of email like a newsletter or electronic book is a great means to capture email addresses.
Key Components of Monetizing Your Email Marketing
- Choose one of the numerous email marketing automation services like Constant Contact.
- Create beneficial cost-free content and email your list frequently.
- Use calls-to-action to drive readers to relevant content on your blog or straight to your affiliate links.
- Make sure to avoid “spammy” or overly salesy calls to action in your email like “Buy Now” or “Click Here.” Let the blog post sell the product. The email content needs to compel the reader to visit your website.
- Make sure to follow proper email marketing standards to stay clear of getting banished to the spam folder.
Utilizing Constant Contact to Automate Your Emails
- FREE 60-day trial for U.S. and also Canadian clients, without any credit card required (one of the best trials you can find for autoresponders).
- Support team will reach out numerous times during your trial period to address any type of questions.
- Easy and also effective email development interface loaded with awesome alternatives as well as functions.
- 100+ lovely email design templates to select from, including a “Brand Your Email Feature” that permits you to produce a customized email layout in seconds based on the photos and various colors of your web site.
- A wide range of supported email types including autoresponders and basic automations, recurring newsletters, A/B testing, event enrollments, vouchers, surveys and also polls.
- Automation is essential, so Constant Contact featured effective technology for autoresponders as well as abandoned cart campaigns. They also supply automations based on contact triggers (e.g. email opens, clicks).
- In-depth analytics for in-depth knowledge where you can track open, click reports, spam, bounce and also unsubscribe rates. You additionally get click heat maps, as well as some useful review reports such as open as well as click trends, opens by type of device, and most successful subject line. You can likewise compare projects.
- Easy-to-manage customer lists, with the capacity to classify for future segmented marketing; you can also import your lists from other services.
- Easy list building with tons of neat options: email sign-up forms for your web site, a Facebook app that allows you to allow individuals to sign up via an email opt-in form, include contacts from your tablet computer at face-to-face events with just a few taps, text-to-join capabilities.
- Spam and also layout testing will permit you to preview your email on various platforms and also find any mistakes for you.
Constant Contact – The Cons
- Numerous attributes imply there is a great deal to learn in order to make complete use of the platform. This is an excellent trouble to have, since you can easily start with just the basics and also work your way up to more sophisticated features later on.
- Very few industry-specific design templates. The 100+ mobile-responsive themes are lovely, extremely professional and also modern-looking, as well as they would certainly help a range of industries. So, if you’re looking for something very specific, this may not be the best template library for you.
Just How Much Can I Earn From Email Marketing?
You have to pay very close attention to which email performs best and also which one doesn’t. Analytics functions in your email marketing software application make this easy, particularly with an easy to use interface like Constant Contact.
The best way to monetize your email marketing is by signing up with high-commission affiliate programs as well as using your email list to promote those items. Yet remember, your email itself should be a totally free product to draw clients in, provide them something beneficial, and provide evidence to trust you.
Even More Numbers
Assume you work truly hard and therefore inevitably add 10,000 people to your list (which is perfectly achievable). If you create excellent email content that drives 5% of receivers to your blog, then you’re putting 500 carefully targeted and also inspired customers on your blog who may not have otherwise visited your site today.
Successfully Monetizing Your Email Blasts
The $8,750 potential story described earlier is obtainable if you put the effort in. However you won’t see those type of returns overnight. Even developing an email list of 10,000 e-mails will take you a good amount of time and effort. That’s why automation is important to your success.
Constant Contact makes handling an email list of this dimension easy, even for the non-technical individual that’s still learning the ropes of earning money online. The one solitary crucial part of monetizing a blog with email marketing is delivering top notch, ultra-valuable material to a list of well-targeted customers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you), which compensates for my time spent to compile this information. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.