Please note: This post contains affiliate links.
Now more than ever, people are out there seeking new methods to gain a dollar. If you’re here, you’re likely one such individual. Job hunting is our least favorite thing to do. Being an employee for someone else seems like selling yourself short. Do Blogs Make Money?
You have probably seen lots of advertisements shouting at you about how easy it is to make money online, to begin your very own company, as well as to be your own boss. And also while it could not be as fast and easy as the marketers tell you, there’s in fact a great deal of money to be made with blog writing as well as email marketing.
All you have to do to make money with a blog is fill it up with links to helpful products and afterwards help sell those items. Seems straightforward? Do Blogs Make Money?
OK, we’re not crazy. This can be a somewhat complicated challenge. But there OK, we’re not crazy. This can be a somewhat complex obstacle. Yet there are reliable techniques and also outstanding methods to developing a blog as well as monetizing it making use of strategies like email marketing. If you put your head down and work diligently (as well as have a great deal of perseverance), you can match your ENTIRE income from your job with money made via email marketing as well as blog writing. Do Blogs Make Money?
How Many Visitors Should You Have to Monetize a Blog? Do Blogs Make Money?
The straightforward answer is: a lot.
The much less short answer is: the even more eyes you see on your blog, the even more of those eyes will move their mouse over to your links as well as click on them. Once they do that, you’ve got them right where you desire them to be.
Nevertheless, the method by which you monetize your blog makes a huge difference. Google AdSense pays you passively as you rack up web page visitors, but the payment is small. We’re talking fractions of pennies per customer. At approximately $0.008 cents per page visit, you would certainly require well over 12 million hits to make $100,000. Do Blogs Make Money?
Breaking Down Some Numbers
Doing a little bit extra math, let’s say instead that you obtain 100,000 visitors a month across every one of the web pages on your blog. Let’s state you’re accomplishing a completely doable 4% click-through rate off of that web traffic. That’s 4,000 clicks to your affiliate links!
Let’s state 2% of those clicks converted and purchased the product, and each sale gets you $100. That’s an extremely average payment / profit margin. Even with these conservative metrics, you’re earning $8,000 each month with virtually no overhead expenses of your own. WOW!
Just How to Improve Those Numbers Do Blogs Make Money?
Have fun with the numbers and see for yourself. If you can make higher average commissions or revenues, then you can make even much more by drawing in fewer viewers. Look for affiliate items that have greater payments. Or, develop an info product of your very own, and also you can keep the profits of the whole sale rather than just a percentage.
The right number for you will depend on your products or services, your ability to create valuable content, and also your ability to develop an email list to keep those clients returning.
How Do I Monetize my Blog?
Even in a day and age where there is a lot of mistrust in advertising and understanding regarding spam, email marketing can offer your sales major boosts in ways that social media marketing and also AdSense can not (or cost a great deal even more to employ).
There are a couple of ways to monetize your blog, yet your best results will certainly come from high-commission affiliate marketing as well as keeping those consumers around by developing a robust email list. Do Blogs Make Money?
Steps to Monetizing Your Blog
- Produce a blog and pick products and services to sell
- Join affiliate programs selling the items in your market
- Write useful, buyer-centric blog posts that place those links in front of your viewers
- Drive as many relevant consumers to your blog as you possibly can
There are lots of free products as well as online courses that can assist you to wade in the waters of affiliate blog writing. Yet at the end of the day, all you’re doing is producing a website that earns money referring sales to other individuals’ businesses.
Exactly How Do You Monetize Email Marketing? Do Blogs Make Money?
Developing useful email content is a proven means of preserving clients as well as driving them right back to your site. Done right, your e-mails are a product of your very own that you offer up for free to attract prospects to come and purchase from your affiliate links. Do Blogs Make Money?
Keep in mind, useful and also buyer-centric blog posts are the ones that will create web traffic that clicks your links. Having a cost-free product to promote via email like an e-newsletter or electronic book is a great means to catch email addresses.
Key Elements of Monetizing Your Email Marketing
- Select one of the numerous email marketing automation services like Constant Contact.
- Produce beneficial free content and email your list on a regular basis.
- Leverage calls-to-action to drive viewers to relevant content on your blog or directly to your affiliate links.
- Make sure to stay clear of “spammy” or extremely salesy calls to action in your email like “Buy Now” or “Click Here.” Let the post promote the product. The email content needs to encourage the viewers to see your site.
- Make sure to comply with correct email marketing standards to prevent getting sent to the spam folder.
Using Constant Contact to Automate Your Emails
Constant Contact is a low-priced, user friendly automation device for all points email marketing. It will assist you to develop lovely and also professional-looking e-mails even if you have actually never ever composed a marketing message before. There are great deals of remedies available that offer comparable services, yet there are some crucial benefits to Constant Contact … Do Blogs Make Money?
Constant Contact – The Pros Do Blogs Make Money?
- FREE 60-day trial for United States and Canadian clients, with NO credit card required (among the most generous trials out there for autoresponders).
- Support group will connect multiple times throughout your trial duration to address any type of inquiries.
- Easy as well as effective email creation interface filled with trendy options and also features.
- 100+ lovely email templates to choose from, consisting of a “Brand Your Email Feature” that allows you to produce a tailored email theme in seconds based upon the images and various colors of your site.
- A variety of supported email types consisting of autoresponders as well as basic automations, repeating newsletters, A/B testing, event enrollments, discount coupons, surveys and also polls.
- Automation is crucial, so Constant Contact included powerful innovation for autoresponders and also abandoned cart campaigns. They also offer automations based upon contact triggers (e.g. email open rates, clicks).
- In-depth analytics for in-depth knowledge where you can track open, click rates, spam, bounce and also unsubscribe rates. You likewise get click heat maps, and some beneficial introduction reports such as open and click trends, opens by type of device, and most effective subject line. You can likewise contrast projects.
- Easy-to-manage subscriber lists, with the ability to classify for future segmented marketing; you can also import your email lists from various other services.
- Easy email list development with lots of neat options: email sign-up forms for your internet site, a Facebook app that allows you to allow individuals to sign up via an email opt-in form, add contacts from your tablet at industry events with just a few taps, text-to-join capacities.
- Spam and also design testing will certainly enable you to preview your email on numerous platforms as well as discover any type of mistakes for you.
Constant Contact – The Cons
No email autoresponder is 100% perfect, and Constant Contact is no exception. Right here are a couple of the biggest drawbacks I’ve seen: Do Blogs Make Money?
- Numerous features indicate there is a lot to find out in order to make complete use of the system. This is a good issue to have, and you can easily start with simply the fundamentals and practice your way up to more sophisticated features later on.
- Few industry-specific style templates. The 100+ mobile-responsive layouts are beautiful, extremely professional and modern-looking, as well as they would certainly work for a selection of markets. So, if you’re seeking something very specific, this may not be the very best design template library for you.
Just How Much Can I Gain From Email Marketing?
Email marketing is endeavor where you get out of it what you agree to invest into it. To come to be a genuinely effective email marketing expert, you have to write an email at least one time a week. Do Blogs Make Money?
You need to pay very close attention to which email performs best as well as which one does not. Analytics functions in your email marketing software program make this super simple, especially with an easy to use interface like Constant Contact.
The most effective way to monetize your email marketing is by signing up with high-commission affiliate programs and using your email list to sell those products. Bear in mind, your email itself must be a free product to attract customers in, supply them something beneficial, as well as provide them a reason to trust you.
Some More Numbers
Presume you work really hard and therefore inevitably add 10,000 individuals to your email list (which is definitely possible). If you produce terrific email content that drives 5% of recipients to your blog, then you’re putting 500 carefully targeted and inspired buyers on your blog who might not have otherwise visited your site today.
Let’s assume now that you convert 5% of those determined purchasers on a high-commission affiliate program that pays as much as $350 per sale. 25 purchasers * 350 = $8,750 from a SOLITARY marketing email as well as article. Are you thrilled?! Do Blogs Make Money?
Effectively Monetizing Your Email Blasts
There are several essential elements to a strong, high-revenue campaign. No issue what your product or solution happens to be, the one truth across all industries is that valuable content sells. Your marketing emails have to target the best audience, convey the best message, and also send one of the most determined buyers to the right location to buy from you. Do Blogs Make Money?
The $8,750 potential story described earlier is obtainable if you put the effort in. You will not see those sorts of returns overnight. Even developing a list of 10,000 e-mails will take you a lot of time as well as effort. That’s why automation is crucial to your success.
Constant Contact makes handling an email list of this dimension very easy, even for the non-technical individual that’s still discovering the ropes of earning money online. The one single essential part of monetizing a blog with email marketing is providing top notch, ultra-valuable content to an e-mail list of well-targeted buyers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you), which compensates for my time spent to compile this information. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.