Please note: This post contains affiliate links.
Now more than ever, individuals are around seeking new methods to gain a buck. If you’re here today, you’re almost definitely one such person. Job hunting sucks. Being employed by someone else feels like selling yourself short. Are Blogs Still A Thing
You have probably seen lots of advertisements screaming at you concerning just how simple it is to make money online, to start your own business, and also to be your own boss. And while it might not be as fast and also very easy as the advertisers promise you, there’s actually a lot of money to be made with blogging and also email marketing.
All you need to do to make money with a blog is fill it up with web links to useful products and afterwards help market those items. Sounds basic? Are Blogs Still A Thing
OK, we’re not crazy. This can be a somewhat complicated challenge. But there OK, we’re not insane. This can be a somewhat big challenge. Yet there are tried and true approaches and impressive tricks to creating a blog as well as monetizing it using techniques like email marketing. If you put your head down and also work diligently (and also have a lot of persistence), you can match your ENTIRE W-2 income with cash made with email marketing and also blogging. Are Blogs Still A Thing
How Many Views Do You Need to Monetize a Blog? Are Blogs Still A Thing
The straightforward answer is: a lot.
The much less short answer is: the more eyes you see on your blog, the more of those eyes will certainly move their hands over to your web links and also click them. Once they do that, you’ve got them right where you desire them to be.
Nonetheless, the way you monetize your blog makes a huge difference. Google AdSense pays you passively as you rack up page visitors, but the payout is small. We’re talking fractions of cents per customer. At about $0.008 cents per page visit, you ‘d need well over 12 million hits to make $100,000. Are Blogs Still A Thing
Breaking Down Some Numbers
Doing a little more mathematics, let’s say instead that you obtain 100,000 visitors a month throughout all of the web pages on your blog. Let’s state you’re accomplishing an obtainable 4% click-through rate off of that traffic. That’s 4,000 clicks to your affiliate links!
Let’s say 2% of those clicks converted as well as acquired the product, and also each sale gets you $100. That’s an extremely reasonable commission / profit margin. Despite having these conservative metrics, you’re earning $8,000 each month with virtually no overhead costs of your own. WOW!
Just How to Boost Those Numbers Are Blogs Still A Thing
Play with the numbers as well as see on your own. If you can make higher average compensations or earnings, after that you can make even extra by bringing in fewer readers. Look for affiliate items that have greater payments. Or, develop an information product of your own, as well as you can keep all the proceeds of the whole sale as opposed to just a percentage.
The right number for you will depend upon your products or services, your capacity to produce valuable content, and also your capability to produce an email list to keep those customers coming back.
Just How Do I Monetize my Blog?
Even in a day and age where there is a lot of mistrust in marketing as well as awareness regarding spam, email marketing can provide your sales major boosts in ways that social media marketing and AdSense can’t (or set you back a great deal even more to utilize).
There are a few ways to monetize your blog, however your ideal outcomes will certainly originate from high-commission affiliate marketing and keeping those consumers around by constructing a reliable email list. Are Blogs Still A Thing
Actions to Monetizing Your Blog
- Create a blog and select products and services to market
- Sign up with affiliate programs marketing the products in your market
- Create beneficial, buyer-centric blog posts that place those links in front of your visitors
- Drive as many relevant visitors to your blog as you potentially can
There are lots of cost-free products and online courses that can help you to wade in the waters of affiliate blogging. At the end of the day, all you’re doing is creating a web site that makes money referring sales to various other individuals’ companies.
Exactly How Do You Monetize Email Marketing? Are Blogs Still A Thing
Producing important email content is a surefire way of retaining clients and driving them right back to your website. Done right, your emails are a product of your very own that you provide totally free to attract prospects to come as well as buy from your affiliate links. Are Blogs Still A Thing
Bear in mind, useful and also buyer-centric blog posts are the ones that will produce web traffic that clicks on your web links. Having a totally free product to offer using email like an e-newsletter or electronic book is a wonderful means to record email addresses.
Key Elements of Monetizing Your Email Marketing
- Pick one of the many email marketing automation services like Constant Contact.
- Develop useful free content as well as email your list on a regular basis.
- Leverage calls-to-action to drive viewers to relevant content on your blog or straight to your affiliate links.
- Make sure to stay clear of “spammy” or excessively salesy calls to action in your email like “Buy Now” or “Click Here.” Let the blog post market the product. The email content should compel the viewers to see your site.
- Likewise, make sure to adhere to correct email marketing standards to prevent getting banished to the spam folder.
Making Use Of Constant Contact to Automate Your E-mails
Constant Contact is an inexpensive, easy-to-use automation device for all things email marketing. It will aid you to develop beautiful as well as professional-looking emails even if you’ve never ever created a marketing message beforehand. There are great deals of solutions available that offer comparable services, yet there are some vital advantages to Constant Contact … Are Blogs Still A Thing
Constant Contact – The Pros Are Blogs Still A Thing
- FREE 60-day trial for United States and Canadian consumers, without any credit card required (one of the very best trials you can find for autoresponders).
- Support team will connect several times throughout your trial duration to address any kind of concerns.
- Easy and also powerful email production user interface loaded with great options and also features.
- 100+ gorgeous email templates to choose from, consisting of a “Brand Your Email Feature” that allows you to develop a tailored email layout in seconds based upon the photos and colors of your web site.
- A wide range of supported email categories including autoresponders as well as basic automations, recurring e-newsletters, A/B testing, event enrollments, promo codes, surveys and polls.
- Automation is crucial, so Constant Contact featured effective technology for autoresponders and abandoned cart campaigns. They additionally supply automations based upon contact triggers (e.g. email opens, clicks).
- Comprehensive analytics for in-depth knowledge where you can track open, click rates, spam, bounce and also unsubscribe rates. You additionally get click heat maps, and some beneficial overview reports such as open and also click trends, opens by device, and also most effective subject line. You can likewise compare campaigns.
- Easy-to-manage subscriber lists, with the ability to categorize for future segmented marketing; you can even import your lists from other services.
- Easy email list building with tons of neat options: email sign-up forms for your site, a Facebook application that allows you to let people to join through an email opt-in form, include email addresses from your tablet computer at face-to-face events with just a couple of taps, text-to-join capabilities.
- Spam as well as design testing will permit you to preview your email on numerous systems and find any kind of mistakes for you.
Constant Contact – The Cons
No email autoresponder is without fault, and Constant Contact is no exception. Below are a couple of the biggest downsides I’ve seen: Are Blogs Still A Thing
- Lots of attributes imply there is a great deal to learn in order to make full use of the system. This is an excellent trouble to have, since you can easily start with simply the basics as well as practice your way up to more advanced attributes later on.
- Few industry-specific layout themes. The 100+ mobile-responsive design templates are beautiful, very professional and also modern-looking, and they would help a selection of sectors. If you’re looking for something truly specific, this may not be the best theme library for you.
Just How Much Can I Make From Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a business where you get out of it what you agree to put into it. To end up being a truly successful email marketing professional, you need to write an email at least one time a week. Are Blogs Still A Thing
You have to pay very close attention to which email works and which one does not. Analytics functions in your email marketing software make this easy, especially with an easy to use interface like Constant Contact.
The most effective way to monetize your email marketing is by joining high-commission affiliate programs as well as using your email list to promote those products. Yet keep in mind, your email itself ought to be a free product to attract clients in, offer them something important, and also give them evidence to trust you.
Some More Numbers
Assume you work really hard and also inevitably add 10,000 people to your list (which is completely attainable). If you produce fantastic email content that drives 5% of receivers to your blog, then you’re placing 500 very carefully targeted and inspired customers on your blog that might not have otherwise visited your website today.
Let’s presume now that you convert 5% of those determined buyers on a high-commission affiliate program that pays as high as $350 per sale. 25 customers * 350 = $8,750 from a SINGLE marketing email and blog post. Are you delighted?! Are Blogs Still A Thing
Effectively Monetizing Your Email Campaigns
There are numerous important elements to a strong, high-revenue campaign. However, no matter what your service or product happens to be, the one fact across all sectors is that valuable content converts. Your marketing e-mails need to target the appropriate target market, share the best message, as well as send the most determined buyers to the ideal place to purchase from you. Are Blogs Still A Thing
The $8,750 potential story defined above is achievable if you put the effort in. You won’t see those types of returns overnight. Even developing an e-mail list of 10,000 e-mails will take you a good amount of time as well as effort. That’s why automation is vital to your success.
Constant Contact makes handling an email list of this dimension easy, even for the non-technical user that’s still discovering the ropes of generating income online. The one single most important part of generating income from a blog with email marketing is delivering top notch, ultra-valuable material to an email list of well-targeted purchasers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you), which compensates for my time spent to compile this information. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.